Thursday, June 10, 2010

Results are in!

My doctor had me take IgG and IgE antibody test. The test is performed by US Bio Tek Laboratories. It is a test regarding my immune system's response to certain foods, spices, herbs and/or inhalants.  For a more detailed description of the testing and how they come about their results click here.

My reactive foods that I need to avoid are:  almonds, banana, egg white, egg yolk, oyster, rye, spelt, wheat gliadin, wheat gluten, and whole wheat.  These foods are highly reactive.  Foods that are moderately reactive are:  barley, common mushrooms, garlic, oat, pineapple--which should also be avoided.  I am not sure what to eat anymore! 

One thing is for sure, I am glad that we are getting some answers.  It may take some time to adjust to my new eating lifestyle, but if it is going to help me feel better without weird drugs or side effects, I am all for it!  I go in on Monday to discuss my results with the doctor so I am sure I will have more information then!

No comments:

Post a Comment