Friday, May 28, 2010

What a Week

What a week it has been! I have to admit that I have not been very good about sticking to the yeast-free/sugar-free thing. And wow can I tell a difference! I have had a headache for several days now, my back is starting to stiffen up, and I am drained! The other day I took a 3 hour nap and my husband had to wake me up I was so tired!

I am finding that it is so difficult to eliminate a certain food from my diet. It is so frustrating to think I can eat something only to read in the ingredients it contains yeast! Let me tell you there are some strange things that have yeast in them. I am noticing that most things processed have yeast or yeast extract in them along with lots of sugar. Needless to say I am starting to make more of my own things.

My biggest struggle is trying to maintain my weight that I lost with Weight Watchers while on this food elimination journey. I loved eating fruit and sandwiches, which are now off limits. I find myself eating lots of raw veggies these days. I am learning that I need to bring my own food when we go places. Also, just because I have enough points left to eat some dessert doesn't mean I can...I will pay for it later. I had pizza the other night, boy did I feel it later. My stomach was churning and in knots and I got a terrible headache!

This week I had food allergy testing done and I won't know the results until I go back to my Dr. on June 14th. In a way it would be nice if they can find what is going on, but on the other hand I don't want him to tell me more foods are off limits!

I am just taking one day at a time at improving my health!

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it, Toni! It's incredibly hard, but well worth it for your health! I have a few recipes you might be interested in that are good for the WW plan. I'll try to get what I can to you soon.
    :) Megan

    ReplyDelete