Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lean Bodies Start in the Kitchen

This year is off to a great start!  I went in and had my body fat done and I am down 2.1% from December 1, 2010.  How awesome is that?  In preparation for the figure competition I have started a food log.  I am using FitDay.com  It is great to keep track not only what I am eating but to break down the macro nutrients. 

For those of you who don't want to track the macro nutrients, here is a tip for you!  Be sure to eat 5 or 6 small meal throughout the day.  This will keep your body in burn mode, plus you will not have those blood sugar spikes and crashes!  Make sure to include a protein and carbohydrate at each of the small meals.  At first you may feel like you are eating alot of food, but in all reality you are just spreading it out over 5 or 6 meals instead of eating fewer large meals.  I also encourage you to be sure to drink 12 cups of water per day.  You body and skin will thank you!

Here is the breakdown of my daily calorie intake:
Calories 1915
Fat 43 grams
Carbs 192 grams
Protein 192 grams

Eat what they don't, train like they won't and you'll be what they aren't....stay focused!!

No comments:

Post a Comment