Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gluten Free Baked Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal

Lately, I have been eating alot more oatmeal and egg whites...well, I thought I would change it up a bit!  The kids love eating their oatmeal this way.  In fact, they ask if they can have it for lunch and dinner too!  I used frozen rhubarb which I think made it a little soggy, so next time I will thaw the rhubarb or use fresh!  I doubled the recipe to feed me and the kids.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Bob Mill's Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 cup water
1/8 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp Brummel & Brown Butter made with Yogurt Spread
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup rhubarb, diced
4 strawberries, diced
2 Tbsp liquid egg substitute

Mix all together and pour into prepared pan.  Bake at 350 degrees until knife inserted comes out clean 35-45 min.  Optional: Sprinkle with brown sugar the last few minutes and broil to create a crunchy top. (not included in nutritional info.)

Nutrition per serving
Cals 272, Carbs 38g, Fat 7g, Protein 13g, Fiber 7g, Sugar 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment