Friday, April 1, 2011

No Surgery Needed

Yesterday I had my second visit with the Neurosurgeon.  He had me do xrays of my back to see if I have Lumbar Instability!  Praise God that my spine is strong and healthy! Now that we know it isn't the bone causing the problem, it most likely is the herniated disk.  Now what do I do...well he doens't recommend we rush into surgery because I am so young and I am planning on having more children in the future.  He said that if we do surgery to repair the disk I will have relief, but in a few years I many need a more major repair because the disk will be weakend.  Right now we have decided to just chart my pain each month for the next 6 months and then reevaluate. 

I am thankful that I am not going to have to be rushed off to surgery.  But I am still in pain!  Not as severe, but I really want to be able to get back in the gym and focus on my training for the competition.  Just doing housework yesterday and today I can barely move! 

My doctor recommends that I strengthen my back muscles, which should help with the nerve pain.  He said biking...so I think I really need to get a Spinning Bike now, swimming and rowing, along with yoga. 

Wish me luck in my recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment