Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yeast-free, huh? So, what can I eat?

This is the first time I have ever done a diet where I have to eliminate certain foods...which makes me focus on what I CAN'T eat instead of what I CAN!

So let's start of on a positive note on the things that I can eat!

All meats, fish, poultry, and eggs.

Vegetables: green beans, peas, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green peppers, turnip greens, beet greens, collards, Brussels sprouts, kale, okra, carrots, squash, yams, sweet potatoes, cabbage, eggplant, cauliflower, parsnips, scrub bed potatoes, tomatoes, and avocados.

Legumes: lentils, peas, soy beans, dried beans-pinto, navy, northern, kidney.

Whole grains: barley, corn, millet, oats, brown rice, wheat, and whole wheat pasta.

Whole-grain muffins, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, rice cakes, whole wheat tortillas, and corn tortillas.

Hot or Cold cereals: wheatena, oat bran, cream of rice, zoom, oatmeal, wheat hearts, grits, shredded wheat, spoon-size shredded wheat, shredded wheat and bran, puffed wheat, puffed rice, roman meal, cracked wheat.

Unprocessed nuts and seeds. Almond and Cashew butters.

Butter and cold-pressed oils, such as walnut, linseed, olive, sunflower, and safflower.

Milk, plain yogurt (use as a sour cream substitute) buttermilk, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese.

Use catsup, mustard, mayo, miso and soy sauce very sparingly.

Now for the big NO NO list!

Foods to Eliminate:

Avoid all sugars, and sugar-containing foods, including table sugar, fructose, corn syrup, honey, molasses, maple syrup, maple sugar, and date sugar.

Avoid all white flour, and refined grain products or any type, including white pasta.

Avoid yeast breads, pastries; avoid anything that contains yeast, including brewer's yeast, bread, baker's yeast, crackers, pretzels.

Avoid all cheese except for cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and cream cheese.

Avoid sweetened or fruit added yogurt.

Avoid all fruit juices and fruit.

Avoid all coffees, teas, and all herbal teas.

Avoid leftovers that have been in the refrigerator too long.

Avoid obvious fungus, such as mushrooms.

Avoid peanuts and peanut products.

Avoid processed meats, such as bacon, sausage, ham, hot dogs, luncheon meats, corned beef, and pastrami.

Avoid all products soaked in vinegar, such as pickles, relish, and sauerkraut.

Avoid all artificially sweetened drinks and food products.

I am to follow this plan for 4-6 weeks. I am hoping that I will see improvements in my headaches, back aches, fatigue, and acne along with a few other symptoms!

The hardest part is going to be not focusing on what I can't have because I feel that will make me want it even more! It is going to be very hard for me to give up coffee, but I am willing to do it for better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment