Friday, September 10, 2010

No more EXCUSES!

There are no excuses to why you are not taking your health seriously!  For many years, before I had kids, I would hear mother's say they didn't have time to exercise...the excuses would go on and on!  Well, I hate to break it to you, but you do have time!  When I decided it was time for me to lose 45 pounds I have 3 kids 2 years old and under.  My twins had just turned 2 when my son was born.  My husband is gone 3 days a time, since he is a firefighter so I could have come up with all sorts of excuses!  But I didn't!  I was determined to make that change!  I didn't have any fancy equipment...just a treadmill, some weights, and a good pair of shoes.  On the nice days I would go out for walks with the kids...which is great to teach them importance of staying active!
Today the twins are 4 and they know that exercising is a normal part of my day.  In fact, if I don't get my workout in they get on me for it!  They also tell me that they feel healthy if they can do some exercise, whether it is doing a dvd with me or running around the block!
We only have one life to live and one body!  Why do we feel that we can do whatever we want and hope that we don't end up with some illness or disease?  Why not do what we can to make sure we are in the best condition possible!
Having said that I have decided that there are no more excuses as to why I am not doing a figure competition.  It has been a dream of mine for years...and now is my time!  I want to be an inspiration to other mothers and to females in general!  If we put ourselves first, we will be a much better mother, wife, friend....
What needs to happen for you to stop making excuses?  Can you make that change?  Will you?  Let me know how your journey goes!  I am here to cheer you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment